Nitro Boats in Mokena, Illinois - All Plugged Up

4.8

Bought the z9 new in '12. Loved it.

Still do. But, excessive moisture and mold every spring when uncovered despite cleaning, DryBuckets etc. Service and repairs for corrosion, moisture etc. Two repairs on Nitro cover 'cause stitching rotted out.

Yep. They all look at me like I don't know how to take care of a boat. Wife calls me a clean freak at times. Well, seems there was a water problem that's easy to miss if you have ever tried to look down into the amidships bilge through the garbage can hole.

Can't see much.. can you. But there is a whole lot of boat under there that will hold water if... here it is...

the factory forgets to remove the plug from the drain pipe that runs under the gas tank. You can see the pipe from the stern bilge area but not from up front. Had to stick my cell phone down there to take pics. Holds about 10-15 gals even if boat is tilted all the way up.

so, of course I had moisture, mold and mildew and corrosion and... well, you get it every spring. Worse thing to do to a boat for 5 months. Still waiting for Tracker to get back to me.

It's the holidays so cutting them some slack. I still like the boat, but the repairs for cover, electronics, mold, cleaning etc added up, not to mention that I had to diagnose the problem for them.

Like my service guys. sales has been cooperative, but anything past Warranty dept so far is very disappointing.

Reason of review: identification and resolution of problem.

Preferred solution: fix the problem, sanitize the boat, replace moldy seat(s) etc., reimburse for past expenses related to moisture, corrosion, mold etc, compensation for solving their problem, my loss of time, money etc..

I liked: Boat, Reputation, Syle, Service.

I didn't like: Lack of communication after bringing concern to them, Lack of response from corporate offices.

• All Plugged Up